Wednesday, September 3, 2014








TOP Tips for a healthy heart


THINK IN THE FOLLOWING SENTENCES:

Do excercise, lose weight, stop smoking, get stressed, get fit, go to the gym, have a heart attack, eat fried food, drink alcohol, high/low in fat. 
What does it say to you?  


1. what activities do you think are good to be health?

2. What kind of food do you think is good to be health? 

3. Do you practice any sport? why yes or not? 

4. Do you go to the doctor? why yes or why not? 





READING COMPREHENSION

Heart disease kills more people in many countries around the world than any other disease, including cancer. One adult dies every three minutes from heart disease and it is more common in men than in women. Age is also important, 80% of peolple who die of heart attacks qre 65 or older. And it's and amazing fact that 5 times more men die of heart disease in UK than in Japan. But thereare many things you can do to help your heart stay healthy. Here are our top tips for a healthy heart.        

 
Face to Face, Chris Reston & Gillie Cunningham

 Using the Frequency Expressions.

Once a day, a week, a month, a year 
Twice a day, a week, a month, a year.
Three times a day, a week, a month, a year
Four times a day, a week, a month, a year    

Usually                   100%
often                        80%
Sometimes             50%
Hardly ever            35%
Never                       0%

HOW OFTEN DO YOU.......? 

Do 4 question according the main topic using HOW OFTEN DO YOU.....? 

Formulate the question to 3 different students form the classroom. 

SHOULD AND SHOULDN'T 

We use SHOULD AND SHOULDN'T to give an advice or give an opinion.

Example: You should eat more fruits and vegetables
                   You Shouldn't drink alcohol. 


 Unsafe driving 

Why is it dangerous? 

Do you know how to drive? 

Have you had any accident?

Drinking

How often do you drink beer, wine...?

Do you like partying? 

Is it good? Is it bad? why?



 Sleepiness

Do you have good sleep?

What do you do when you feel sleepy?

Is it good for your health?
Been Sick  

Do you go to the doctor?

Do you take medicine?

What do you usually take to cure yourself?  


5 comments:

  1. My name is Maritza Andrea Villarraga, I am psychologys, I am from Agua de Dios

    I find the work very interesting, because we are learnig to practice.
    I am regular in englis, because I am not practicing constantly.

    bee sick

    1 you should do go to the doctor
    2 you should do take medicine
    3 i usually take ibuprofeno, drink water and herbal water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning¡

    I wanna talk about sleepiness. First, I will say that I hardly sufffer of sleepiness, maybe one a month. Even, when I `ve suffered of sleepiness I try to rest, and an don`t do any asctivity because I would be able tom focus my body of my mind well, because in this situations, I`m usually tired. Finally, I think that suffering form sleepiness is not good for my health, because with that I can not do anything well.

    Natalia Zuñiga Patiño

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, I'm Martha. I chose the unsafe driving subject. Unsafe driving is dangerous because you can put in risk your and others lifes too. It is really important to be aware of it. I know how to drive, and I think is very important that all drivers before getting their license must take a driving course. I'm not an expertise, but I try to respect all pedestrians and other drivers. No, I never had an accident thanks to God! I am a very careful driver and actually I don't like speed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. Why is it dangerous?
    Rta. Because I can go from one place to another

    2. Do you know how to drive?
    Rta. If driving perfectly

    3. Have you had any accident?
    Rta. I've never had an accident

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nelly Montanes
    cc:32629507
    Grupo : 386
    Do you go to the doctor?
    Yes, I have a 2twice a years.
    Do you take medicina?
    l have everyday medicine.
    What do you usually take to cure yourself
    One day for day.

    ReplyDelete